It's that time again! Twice a year I am part of a fabric market called Fabric-a-brac
Where: St Anne's Hall, Emmett Street, Newtown
When: 10am - 2pm 7th October 2017
It is an opportunity for those of you who like to sew to buy some beautiful fabric pieces that haven't ended up being used in our workroom. There is a wide variety of different fabrics, some left over from past seasons, from custom made items or items that didn't end up in the collection.
I love being part of Fabric-a-brac for quite a few different reasons.
1. I really enjoy meeting all the lovely people who turn up, customers and stall holders. I have been a stall holder for a few years now and some customers I see every time.
2. Seeing the fabrics go to new homes and be made into more beautiful things is great! I hate fabric wastage and try my best to reduce the wastage where possible and selling remnants at Fabric-a-brac is a great way to do it.
3. Mary Potter Hospice is an amazing cause and proceeds from the stall holder fees and from the Mary Potter Hospice stall all go to this amazing charity that does so much for many people in their last days.
4. It is run by lovely people who put a lot of time and effort into and I enjoy getting to see them and so many other lovely faces on the day.
5. I enjoy seeing what other people make out of the fabrics I have also made things from. Over the years I have had loads of repeat customers and I love it when they come back and tell me, or show me, what they have made from it. It is so cool to see how we can look at the same fabric and do completely different things with it.
There are lots of other stalls there with beautiful fabrics and trims for sale, so if you are a keen sewer or even starting out, Fabric-a-brac is the place to be this Saturday.
If you do stop by, please make sure to say Hi :-)
Here is a snippet of the fabrics I will be selling there
(our popular bin of little pieces, great for kids projects or contrast pieces on garments)
(Suitings, coat fabrics, quilted and trouser fabrics)
(dress fabrics, prints, plains and chiffons)
(knitwear, stretch fabrics, velvets and netting)
Local Wellington stylist Lenaire Lander popped into our Petone Retail store to check out what we have on offer.